Why do I need a Survey?
If you are buying property in and around the Fylde Coast, then a RICS Survey is a must. It will protect your biggest investment and give you peace of mind before you commit to a purchase. The RICS Homebuyer Survey is the most popular type of survey we do and is suitable for most property types.
- Include a report prepared by a locally based surveyor
- Help you to make an informed decision on whether to proceed with the purchase
- Advise if you are purchasing the property for the correct amount or whether you should renegotiate the price (Homebuyer Report Survey & Valuation)
- Highlight all potential problems, defects and issues
- Advise on potential hazardous risks
- Advise you on the levels of ongoing maintenance that may be required
Put simply, it is a survey report that will outline the condition of the property you wish to purchase. The mortgage valuation carried out by your lender is not a survey. It is performed, often remotely, by the mortgage lender to assess the risk of the loan amount. These valuations will tell you nothing about the condition of the property you want to buy.
It will include:
- An inspection of all major features including any ongoing structural movement, roofs, walls, floors, woodwork and ceilings.
- An inspection of any permanent outdoor structures such as garages and outbuildings.
- A test of accessible ground floor walls for any signs of significant dampness.
- An inspection of the visible parts of the heating & drainage systems as well as the electric, gas/oil and water services.
- Identification of any areas that would need to consult your legal advisor on for further investigation.
- An easy to follow traffic light system to illustrate the urgency of issues identified
- A market valuation and recommended insurance rebuilding cost (Homebuyer Report Survey & Valuation).